The BMU is a bridge between the CMUs and the vehicle communication bus.
It controls the pre-charge and main contactors of the battery pack as well as collating the telemetry data from the nodes and providing a summary to other components on the vehicle CAN bus.
- Communications: CAN bus to both batteries and vehicle
- Contactor Drive: 3x 12V 3A, with feedback
- Precharge: Resistive (includes fault detection)
- Isolation Rating: 1kV DC
- Dimensions: 195 x 55 x 30mm
- Mass: 150g
- Environmental: No enclosure — coated PCB