Prohelion’s CAN-Ethernet bridge allows easy access from a PC application to the vehicle CAN bus. It utilises multicast UDP/IP to communicate between PC applications and the bridge, which allows multiple PC applications to connect to the CAN bus at once using only one CAN-Ethernet bridge. As UDP/IP is built into any modern operating system, no special driver installation is required.
The structure of the CAN/Ethernet network is extremely flexible. The bridge can be connected to the PC point to point, over a local network or even via the internet. With multiple bridges in use, it can be used to form a virtual link between two physically separated CAN networks.
- Ethernet Communication – 10/100 Mbit, RJ45 connector
- CAN Communications – Standard industrial DB9 pinout
- Power Supply – 9-30V DC from CAN connector
- Dimensions – 80 x 42 x 23mm
- Mass – 30g
- Environmental Rating – IP4X