The Prohelion LV Battery Management System (LV BMS) is a centralised BMS capable of monitoring up to 16S (57.8V) lithium-chemistry battery packs and switching 100A loads. The Prohelion LVBMS allows the safe operation of the battery pack by reliably monitoring each series connected cell to ensure they remain within set limits. Complete control of the high current path allows the system to disconnect a load in the event of unsafe operating conditions.
- 16 Channel voltage sensing
- Intelligent balancing algorithms identify problem cells over time and balance them during the entire charging process, reducing the time spent trickle charging. External balancing resistors allow for a high balance current of 666mA.
- Software configurable undervoltage, over-voltage, over-current, under-temperature and over-temperature protection.
- An ultra-precise current sensor, and intelligent algorithms combine voltage, current, and temperature measurements to accurately estimate the SOC of the energy storage system. Accurate SOC estimation maximises the usable energy of the monitored pack whilst ensuring safe voltage levels are maintained.
- Eight NTC thermistors allow the temperature of critical points in the pack to be monitored, and aids in the estimation of SOC. Additionally, each FET that is used to switch high current loads has a corresponding temperature sensor to ensure maximum reliability.
- The LVBMS can be monitored via Profinity using the available CAN bus port.
- Profinity provides a modern web-based GUI which enables the ability to monitor all necessary flags, currents, voltages, and temperatures using the desktop application or via a web browser. Profinity provides an integration point to enable cloud-based logging, monitoring, and machine learning.
|Pack Voltage Max||70V|
|Max Continuous Discharge Current||100A|
|Max Continuous Charge Current||100A|
|Number of Cells Monitored||16|
|Power Consumption Max||30mA|
|Power Consumption Sleep Mode||4µA|
|Supported Chemistries||LiFePO4, Li-ion|
|Dimensions||115 x 215mm|
|Operating Temperature Range (TBD)||-20C to + 80C|
|Cell Voltage/Temperature Sense Connector||1x 40p Dual Row JAE|
|Front Panel Connector||TBD|
|Cell Voltage Sense Accuracy||0.6mV|
|Number of External Temperature Sensors||8|
|Reverse Polarity Protection||Yes|